Prev: Re: [GZG] Resources Next: [GZG] Re: Re: Resources

Re: [GZG] Resources

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@g...>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:38:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Resources

On 8/5/05, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:52:58 +0200
> From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@telia.com>
> (That's why I prefer TankNet -
> it is far more international... and also much faster - by the time
> StrategyPage takes notice about something the news have usually been
> discussed for a week or more already on TankNet :-/ )

I took your advice and joined TankNet!

> It is a truly excellent resource for and simulation of Swartzkopf's
"left
> hook" during the 1991 Gulf War, but your "relatively" means "fourteen
years
> out of date"... for the most modern of the forces involved. The other
side
> was out-dated even during the war itself :-/

This is what I hoped to avoid, too. I want to find out about current
trends, and hopefully project into the future. My intention is to, one
day, come up with a set of miniatures rules that at least _feel_
futuristic (as opposed to, say, SG2, which is a better Vietnam War
simulation than far future simulation).

>  >Hmmmm...this CD might be worth a $20.00 investment!
>  >
>  ><http://www.tpub-products.com/product_info.php?products_id=56>
>
> IIRC most of those can also be downloaded for free in HTML format,
though
> the .pdfs on the CD are easier to read and print than the HTML
documents.

I came across the HTML versions at one point. I would like them on CD,
but it's cheaper to grab off the web.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Resources Next: [GZG] Re: Re: Resources