Prev: Req for examples Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS! Next: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike

Re: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:06:32 +0200
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike

John Atkinson wrote:

> >DirtSide TWO was written obsolete.
> >
> >However, KHR asked about DirtSide THREE - which for the most part
hasn't
> >been written yet, so how can it be obsolete already? <g>
>
>Yeah.	I meant the Dirtside rule system, hang a I, II, or III on it as
>you like.

I've never read DS1, so I can't say how similar it was to DS2... all I
know
is that its vehicle design system was radically different. But yes, the
DS2
core mechanics don't lend themselves at all well to replicating today's
fast-moving armoured combat.

>Unless DSIII is a heavy-duty rewrite. Which I hope it will be.

If DS3 is merely a heavy-duty rewrite of DS2, I'm going to be very
disappointed with Jon :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Req for examples Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS! Next: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike