Prev: Re: [GZG] Potential new weapon Next: [GZG] new here

RE: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:40:18 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL

G'day,

> Well, when have you seen me anything BUT deferent to
> Beth's merest whim,

Ahhh I'll remember that ;)

> but I still maintain that the further into the future
> the prediction, the more tenuous the underlying assumptions,
> especially when involving human and technological advancements.

True, but given absolute physical constraints on getting things into
orbit (even with elevators), transport to new locations (even with
sardine-like status packing) and reproduction at the other end (allowing
for artificial wombs, high pregnancy rates etc) - even with the most
giving parameterisations there's still more people in the Sol system by
far. Just not enough time in the gzg-timeline for much different to fall
out sorry.

Production wise though you're spot on about the "centre of gravity" of
the production distribution being potentially anywhere.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [GZG] Potential new weapon Next: [GZG] new here