Prev: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL Next: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL

Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:40:26 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL

David Billinghurst wrote:
> Anyway, back to the Tuffleyverse, I'm assuming there is some finite
range on ship/fleet FTL movement, be it fuel or supplies.  Otherwise,
I'd suspect the little pocket states that are popping up would not be
viable.

It is some time since I did anything with the background of the
VRC/URC, but here is the cartography:
http://www.frits.cistron.nl/tuffleyverse/vrc/cartography.html

It is basically a string of systems going into the depths of space.
When I put this background together the requirements I used were
either a usefull system with possibly habitable planets, or a stopover
system (ltt 11585) to bridge really long travel distances. The maximum
acceptable jump distance I used was about 7LY as you can see from the
table.

Frits
--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits@cistron.nl
Delft, The Netherlands

Prev: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL Next: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL