Prev: [GZG] My tank is this big Next: Re: [GZG] My tank is this big

Re: [GZG] My tank is this big

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:33:46 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] My tank is this big

On 7/24/05, Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk> wrote:

> The rebel hover tanks are closer to being finished than the NSL
> forces which still need a lot of work.

Rebel:	Does the Adder have a fixed forward RFAC?  If so, why?

Python:  Also fixed forward RFAC?

Check p11 for the limits on fixed forward weapon systems.  They have a
30 degree fire arc, and may only fire before movement.	This means you
better have them pointed precisely where they need to be pointed on
the activation prior.  This gives your enemy an entire turn to move
out of the way or kill them before they can fire.

Further comments are purely my opinion, as always METT-T determines.

You seriously need ECM on the tanks.  GMSs are the most lethal thing
on the battlefield against armor and as posted those are raw meat
against a force armed even with GMS/L/Basics.  It's cheaper than the
PDS system you've already hung on the DFFG-armed track.

Pz XII -- save 110 points.  Drop the two superior GMS/Hs, and upgrade
the MDC to superior fire control.  That makes it superior to the GMS
at all range bands, with the added benefit that it can't be spoofed by
ECM or shot down by PDS.  Only stealth helps, and stealth is
expensive.  Use the extra space for APFCs or a PDS.  I'm also pretty
sure the points cost is low but I havn't doublechecked.

For the APC:  It looks like you are mixing powered and line infantry
in the same platoon.  You loose the advantage of the higher speed of
the power armor.  You also make it more vulnerable because it will
take confidence checks as the more vulnerable line teams take
casualties.

You light tanks needs ECM, as mentioned above.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: [GZG] My tank is this big Next: Re: [GZG] My tank is this big