Prev: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85 Next: Re: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

Re: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

From: Gregory Wong <sax@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:58:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

Be sure to read the biographies various news services are printing.
The guy was hit six times by machine gun fire while storming
Juno Beach.  The bullet that hit him in the chest wasn't fatal
because it hit his silver cigarette case.  (Smoking can
save your life?)

I was saddened to hear of his passing. I'll have to name
a NAC ship the James Doohan in his honor.

Did you notice that the engineer in Chicken Run is a Scot?
Clearly, Nick Park was influence by Star Trek's Scotty character.

--Greg

Prev: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85 Next: Re: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85