Prev: [GZG] some size debates Next: Re: [GZG] some size debates

Re: [GZG] some size debates

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:40:42 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] some size debates

On Mon, July 18, 2005 16:25, jason standlea said:
> Trying to drag the list back from bad sheep jokes, convention
> announcements, etc etc....
>
> Last time I checked, the general opinion was that a Star Wars Imperial
SD
> was a 1600 meter ship.  Personally, I tried making them very large
> dreadnoughts when I converted them to FT (which a lot of people didnt
> agree with *chuckle* ), but I that was because I simply didnt want a
> 'super ship' that I'd have to design and laborously hack together a
SSD
> for.	What's you guys general opinion on how much FT mass that
translates
> into?

Something to keep in mind with an ISD - it is more than just
a dreadnaught - they are a mobile representation of the Empire,
capable of reducing planetary civilisations to slag. The carry
large numbers of fighters, troops and heavy ground assualt
vehicles as well as just being something to attach weapons to.

Personally, I don't think FT can handle ISDs effectively, though
my recent watching of the IMPs film has made me want to try again.

> Also, does anyone have a length in meters for B5's Omega 'destroyer'?

About the same size. If you haven't, have a look at:

http://www.merzo.net/

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: [GZG] some size debates Next: Re: [GZG] some size debates