Prev: [GZG] Apologies everyone Next: Re: [GZG] [Con] WCC coordinating submissions

[GZG] How big is my tank?

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:40:40 +0100
Subject: [GZG] How big is my tank?

Currently trying to sort out an army for Dirtside (a game with which
I have pretty much zero experience).

The first thing is to get the sizes of vehicles right - the size
classes of 1 - 5 are rather course, but the difference in size between
models seems to be somewhat less obvious.

I've taken some photons of a sample of my models (mostly GZG I think),
and arranged according to my estimated size class. If people with DS
experience could have a look and say whether it looks vaguely sensible
I'd be grateful.

The grid they're on is a 25mm grid, with size class 1 in the top
row, and size class 5 in the bottom row (at least in the first picture).

http://www.glendale.org.uk/~sam/dirtside/images.html

I'm not sure about the VTOL (2nd row, far right) - should it be size 2
or size 3?

There also isn't a lot of difference in the sizes of the hover tanks
(2nd column from left, dark green) - GZG describes the size 3 as being
a light tank, and the size 4 as being a heavy tank, though there isn't
much difference and the 'heavy' is a lot smaller than the other tanks
I've designated as size 4.

Cheers.

--
Sam.				    http://www.glendale.org.uk/dirtside

Prev: [GZG] Apologies everyone Next: Re: [GZG] [Con] WCC coordinating submissions