Prev: Re: move and fire problem Next: Re: move and fire problem

Re: move and fire problem

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:11:14 -0400
Subject: Re: move and fire problem

Guys, PLEASE don't post in HTML / RTF --all messages to the list
should be Plain Text only.

>The only potential method would be to include firing in movement and
not as a seperate action.

That's a pain if you're using a plain tabletop (ie not a hex grid) and
simultaneous movement -- it could work okay if you were using hexes
(not "well", but "okay"--simultaneous movement on a hex board is still
a pain) or sequential moves, but those have their own problems.

As far as restricted arcs -- I'd say that most weapons should be 180
arc if you assume that half a ship's weapons should be able to fire at
any given target and the half on the other side should be masked by
the bulk of the ship.  YMMV.

As for not being able to fire into the aft arc -- I can't think of any
background except the GZGverse and Space 1889 aethership combat where
you can't fire into the aft arc.  In the Honorverse, you can shoot
aft, you just don't want to have any targets in the aft arc because
they can shoot back at your unprotected stern.	So A arc need not
inherently be a restriction.

Prev: Re: move and fire problem Next: Re: move and fire problem