Prev: Re: Playtesting UN Next: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)

Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 06:22:27 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)

In a message dated 7/7/2005 11:18:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rbryett@mail.com writes:

I  haven't been playing FT long, so maybe this is a silly question, but
why
WOULDN'T you fit ADFC to any vessel mounting PDS? OK, I know there's  a
mass/point cost, but I think the ability of all ships in a squadron  to
cooperate in area defence is worth it. The FB designs only seem to give
ADFC
to "escorts" though, so maybe I'm missing something.

I haven't  yet acquired any "official" ships, so I'm playing with a
home-brewed fleet  based on plastic wall plugs of various sizes on
flying
bases. I've been  messing around with various designs, weapon fits etc.,
but
right from the	word go I decided to give all my ships ADFC.

Best regards, Robert  Bryett.
mailto:rbryett@mail.com

That is the exact reasoning to me adding all ships in the fleet with
ADFC.
So that even the escorts can be protected. If you target escorts with
missiles
or fighters, then you can slowly pick away a fleet. But with ADFC< the
oppoent will think twice for now havig to deal with more then 1 or 2
ships...
Vince

Prev: Re: Playtesting UN Next: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)