Prev: Re: NAC Politics Next: Re: [OT] London news

Re: NAC Politics

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:53:46 -0400
Subject: Re: NAC Politics

Reality check.

The U.S. does not have a Constitutionally mandated two-party system
but that has no impact on the fact that there are two significant
parties
and a bunch of wannabees that are left in the noise. You can quote the
Constitution forever, but that does not change the fact that Republican
or a Democrat is going to be in the White House for the rest of my life.
The legislature is going to be controlled by a Republican or a Democrat
for the rest of my life. The second largest representation, the
"minority
party", is going to be a Republican or a Democrat for the rest of my
life.

There is a slim possibilty that one of those parties will fracture and a

third
party will rise in power, but shortly after this occurs we will be back
two significant parties.
Roger