Prev: Re: SaVasku Comment ( was Re: Fire Control lock-on) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings

Re: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits

From: "Flak Magnet (Tim)" <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:22:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits

The Sutherlands wrote:

>there some people seem to be concerned about getting hosed by the
Lock-On
>rules.  A command vessel must be a ship larger than all ships under it
or a
>specially equipped "command" version of the same size.  You could give
ships
>"command ratings" which determine how many ships can be coordinated.
Or
>some other designation the naval types can spell out much better than
I.

>A ELINT ship may be assigned to a squadron to lend support in the form
of
>ECM/ECCM.  This ship could be represented as having a special ECM
system and
>just lots of FCS.  ECM could be given a rating which can be "loaned" to
>nearby vessel.  Easy enough on first look.
>
>Scout ships could lend FCS data over a greater distance than normal
vessels.

I like it!

I'd actually like to see specific FCS that would be used to share the
targetting data sort of like ADFCs are required to loan your PDS to
friendlies, call them Fleet FC (FFC) I guess.  Each FFC allows the ship
to share it's lock-on roll with one other ship.  A group of ships could
be a "task force" and you make all of their lock-on rolls and pick the
highest, reducing the effect of a bad lock-on roll.  Limit FFC to a set
range between ships.

With this, ECM ships and/or capitol ships become more important
though... Not sure I like that.

--Tim

Prev: Re: SaVasku Comment ( was Re: Fire Control lock-on) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings