Prev: Re: SaVasku Comment ( was Re: Fire Control lock-on) Next: [OFFICIAL] More new ships....!

Re: Fire Control lock-on musings

From: derkgroe@x...
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:32:29 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings

> If you can't PSB this then you aren't trying.
>
> 1. Doubling the surface area of your telescope greatly increases the
> resolution.
> (square rooot? Too long since my optics class.)

Hmm, with radar I seem top recall the angular resolution is directly
related to antenna diameter, and inversely related to the wavelength
used.

Also, I would assume that in the future the sensors would be a
distributed
array across the whole hull. Doubling the number of sensor elements
would
increase performance on the whole, too.

Cheers,

    Derk

Prev: Re: SaVasku Comment ( was Re: Fire Control lock-on) Next: [OFFICIAL] More new ships....!