Prev: Re: SaVasku Comment ( was Re: Fire Control lock-on) Next: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits

Re: Fire Control lock-on musings

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:17:33 +0100
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 19:38, John Leary wrote:
> --- Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > The way I see it, is that FCS represent sensors. If
> > you have more
> > FCS, then you have bigger and better sensors.
>
> I just must ask:
>
> If FCS is sensors, what are the sensors?

If you mean the MT sensors, they're ignored. It's not as if they do
much, and I was trying to model B5 Wars ELINT at the time, and FCS
are already closest to what was needed to do that.

> If you have 2 1945 radar sets, do they equal
> a 1960s radar set in ability?

Not knowing anything about capability of historical radar sets, I
couldn't tell you. I think EA sensors gave -2" effective range for
each level though, Centauri -3" and Minbari -4".

Since base FT doesn't have tech levels though, such questions probably
aren't that important.

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Re: SaVasku Comment ( was Re: Fire Control lock-on) Next: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits