Prev: RE: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Quality in FT III

Re: Power Projection: Escort

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:43:17 +0100
Subject: Re: Power Projection: Escort

On 16 Jun 2005, at 16:17, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:05:21AM -0400, Robert W. Eldridge wrote:
>> In all fairness, ships die fast because the rules system is written
> allow
>> for very large ships (see Power Projection: Fleet for the
battleships,
> etc.)
>> and so escort size ships are pre force very small and fragile. I
think
>> overall the Power Projection series (Escort nd Fleet) are excellent
>> games,
>> but maybe not suitable for an RPG.
>
> RBW:
>> Oh, absolutely. They're great fun, but they're not particularly
>> suitable
> for a typical RPG situation.
>
> Well, that depends on how cruel the GM is....
> But you could double or triple the hull boxes to make the ships less
> fragile.

Personally, I'd recommend multiplying the hull boxes by 10, but keeping
the damage the same.

Actually, as each hull box is 500 dT you could just multiply boxes by
5. May be a better ratio!

Cheers,

Dom

---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
      http://www.powerprojection.net/
Power Projection: "It's all about going to other people's
planets and making *them* do what *we* want."
CPO Vandenbroucke, IIN Dreadnought 'Cleon the First'.

Prev: RE: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Quality in FT III