Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on

Re: [ADMIN] List service restored

From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@w...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:22:17 -0600
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] List service restored

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:02:54 -0400, Indy writes:
>Matthew L. Seidl wrote:
>[...]
>> And, for those that are amused by things like this, In the 60 minutes
>> since I fixed things I'm seeing 2-3 spam messages hit the various
>> lists for every piece of legit email.
>
>Two to three for every legit?? Holy crap. :-(	Hate spammers. :-(
>
>Thanks for the support, [Edited: Matt]!

Well, thats better than at least my normal mail spool manages.

There are a few more anti-spam tricks we could try putting on the list
server, but mailing lists are harder to secure than a private mail
spool in general.  One of the advantages to any of the new software
packages I'm poking around with is that I can appoint additional
moderators more easily, so other people can help me sift through the
spam for the wayward real list email.  And those people who whine
about things being caught in the filters can be put to work (happens
more on some other lists than this one).

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@wraith.com
   =-=
=-= Research Scientist			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.wraith.com/seidl 			 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= My friends tell me I lead far too interesting a life.
   -=-

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on