Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

RE: Fire Control lock-on

From: "The Sutherlands" <nishawn@c...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:25:18 -0500
Subject: RE: Fire Control lock-on

Some quick thoughts....

The idea of maintaining a lock unless the target tries to break it is a
good
idea.  As mentioned keeps the "target" involved in the current phase.

Making the lock on roll start at 1+ is a good way to keep things simple.

These 2 items together will cut down drasticly on the number of times
you
have to check for lock on as once things get really intense the only ppl
trying to break lock on will be those ships attempting to disengage from
the
area due to combat attrition.

Should salvo missiles need to make a lock on as well?  IF so how will
that
be handled?  Roll a D6, subtract the targets lock-on modifier and that
is
the number of missiles landed?	Targets with no evasion modifiers are
handled exaclty the same as before.

Should ships be able to "share" lock on data?  If ship A knows where the
target is can he tell ship B in the same fleet?  All ships in the same
squadron?  You could use command structure to limit this.  Flag ships
should
be good for something I suppose other than big targets.  Would also make
squadrons of small ships with limited FCs not so screwed by the the
change.

Most of the ideas bounced around here appear to only really get dicey
for
lock ons at the long to medium range category and even then if I throw
all 5
FCs at a target from my BB the target is going to have to be doing some
major stuff to hide from me.  I think it will give just enough to make
things interesting but not overshadow or drasticly change the rest of
the
game.

That Chuk Guy