Prev: Fire Control lock-on. Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

RE: Fire Control lock-on.

From: "R. Bryett" <rbryett@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:05:15 +1000
Subject: RE: Fire Control lock-on.

tell
you that if you don't like a rule, don't use it... <<<<

Hmmm... Resolving firing is such a fundamental part of a rule set. I'm
not
sure how easy it would be to add a fire control check as an optional
rule
that's independent of the rules for determining the result of a shot,
unless
one feels a need to reduce the overall effectiveness of direct-fire
weapons
in the game when the fire-control rule is in effect.

For example, imagine that a coin-toss is used for the fire control test;
Heads is a lock, tails is a failure. I think (probability was never my
strong suit at school) that would simply halve the chance of scoring any
damage, unless the chance of a hit was increased to compensate.

Of course it would be possible to have two alternative FC/shooting
systems,
one with a separate FC roll and one without, with different systems for
rolling the effect of fire... The vector/cinematic movement systems are
an
obvious example of that sort of approach...

Best regards, Robert Bryett.
mailto:rbryett@mail.com

Prev: Fire Control lock-on. Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)