Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:27:57 +0100
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

>Would this only affect weapons that need a fire control?

Yes. Self-guided and/or area-effect weaponry would be launched in the
general direction of the target, but anything classed as a "direct
fire" weapon will need a lock-on.

>To address the frustration of not being able to fire, could you give
>an across-the-
>board penalty to shooting at a ship if it fails?  You'd still have a
>chance of hitting, just
reduced.  That's more complex, though.

I'd rather not go this way. Either you have a firing solution or you
don't; if you don't, you try again next turn, or throw a wide spread
of indirect small stuff (new use for a modified form of Submunition
or "anime missile spread"....?).  Harsh, but simple.

Jon (GZG)