Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:46:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: Doug Evans
Ok, just to remind all of the context:
***
Group 1 (Hammer squadron): SDN, 2 x CH, CE, 2 x DD, 6 x CT
Group 2 (Carrier squadron): CV, CE, 2 x CL, 2 x DD, 2 x FF
Group 3 (Fast attack squadron): BB, BC, 2 x CL, 2 x DD, 2 x FF, 3 x SC
***
>Now, what I refer to as 'giant stomping fleas' is exactly large ships
targeting hordes of small ships. Up close, a class three beam against a
couple of hull boxes may be such overkill as to waste firepower. A vast
number of class one's CAN lay the mighty low. Just, not some things I'd
care to rely on. However, I was asking other's opinions.

Okay, taking that into account ... I'd have

Group 1 (Hammer): SDN, BB, BC
Group 2 (Suicide scouts): 6 x DD, 4 x FF, 6 x CT, 3 x SC
Group 3 (Cruisers): 2 x CH, 2x CE, 4x CL
Attach the CV where ever you like.

To some extent, it also depends on how fast the ships are.  No point in
putting Thrust 6 CLs in with Thrust 2 CH, for instance.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions