Prev: Re: Grazer Mass? Next: Re: Grazer Mass?

Re: Grazer Mass?

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:34:49 +0200
Subject: Re: Grazer Mass?

Rrok Anroll wrote:

>Perhaps I missed this conversation in the archives, but am I right in
>that the Grazer seems to have a sizing issue...?
>
>I know that the 'Mass'ing forumla for beam weapons is simple, 2xMass of
>next smaller Class....

Incorrect; only beams of Class 4 and larger use this formula.

The reason beam classes 1, 2 and 3 *appear* to use the same formula is
that
you're comparing weapons with different numbers of fire arcs. Try
comparing
the Mass values of *6-arc* Class-1, -2 and -3 batteries and judge for
yourself how well they conform to this "2xMass of next smaller" formula.

>But the Grazer seems to only partiall follow this....?

The *GRASERS* don't follow the *BEAM* formula at all, since their range
bands are different (18mu instead of 12mu). They have their own formula
for
size classes 4 and larger, just like the beam formula only applies for
*beams* of class 4 and larger.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Grazer Mass? Next: Re: Grazer Mass?