Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: New Beta Systems was RE: Is there anybody there.....

Re: Decals

From: "Flak Magnet (Tim)" <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:21:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Decals

Jonathan White wrote:

> I admit this is a bit of a technical question but... I've found with
> a lot of decals that when you put varnish over them, they tend to
> react and 'bubble up' and it ends up looking rather nasty, just
> before it peels off and looks even worse. Has anyone tested the
> decals to see if they're OK to be varnished over?
>
>					      Jon

Decal fixing solutions as Frits has mentioned already are very nice with
a good decal, especially on smaller models where the decal has to be
applied over some small details.

On smoother areas where the decal can lay flat, try covering the spot
you're planning on putting the decal on with a clear gloss first.  This
really reduces the "bubble" effect you get and can eliminate the "haze"
that you can get from the decal film.

Gloss-coat under the decal, over the decal (once dry) and whatever
finish you like over the entire model.	It all blends in nicely.

--Tim

Prev: Re: Decals Next: Re: New Beta Systems was RE: Is there anybody there.....