Prev: Corrupting, er... converting new players Next: Re: [ECC AAR} FMA Sheep

Re: Corrupting, er... converting new players

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:32:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Corrupting, er... converting new players

Just a thought that seemed to work well enough. Take it or leave it.

Scott

All those are excellent points however, if those fail, there is always
gun point or my personal method, the breeding of your own
opponents.... All kidding aside, great job there!
In my own experience I started wargaming and role playing
at about the same time with the same group of people. I really didn't
discover the division between the two venues until reassignments
broke up our group. Then I found the DEEP divisions between
the historical guys (read that as  Napoleonic Anal-Retentive) and
the Swords and Sorcery and Sci-fi types. There were a few who
crossed over back and forth but, for the most part they just eyed
each other with suspicion and down right contempt. The exceptions
to this were naval and W.W.II/Modern land combat guys who role
played at the games table without even realizing it. Also the guys
that played that one off odd usually obscure system were open to
anything......) On the RPG front the D&D crowd were the hardest
to get into tactical games, which is odd when you consider they
spent half the time in some sort of melee! The Sci-fi RPG-ers that
played Traveler or SFB were up for anything at least once, so it
was all up to your presentation if you kept them or not. The hook
I use on a new crowd is to make the table as visually stunning as I
can and do a good back ground fluff read at the beginning.......Seems
to work on the 40% you end up keeping.......)

Don

Prev: Corrupting, er... converting new players Next: Re: [ECC AAR} FMA Sheep