Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Service is restored Next: [FT] Battletech flight bases?

[FT]Re: [SGII] An observation upon Star Wars, Episode III

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [FT]Re: [SGII] An observation upon Star Wars, Episode III

agreed on garish plant-life. weird scene.

also from an FT validation standpoint, the scene where
many vessels of large size are going head to
head....woah.

was a better movie than eps 1&2, but given their (IMO)
excrable quality Ep 3 could hardly miss.

--- John C <john1x@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Having seen the last Star Wars movie last night,
> there was one scene in
> particular that struck me.
>
> I'll be vague with my spoilers here.	Just after a
> certain order was given,
> we saw a female Jedi, riding a speeder bike through
> an alien landscape.
>
> Now, the minute I saw said landscape, I started
> laughing.  Much to my wife's
> mystification.
>
> It looked exactly, EXACTLY, like any number of SF
> miniatures games that I've
> played.  The plantlife that the bikes were speeding
> through looked like
> precisely like the sort of cheap aquarium plants
> that are so common on
> gaming tables, oversized flowers and all.  It looked
> a little prettier than
> the sort of thing that most of us can manage, but
> still.  I felt oddly
> validated by that scene.
>
> (Movie in general, not bad.  Lots of lightsabers and
> explotions, which made
> my inner 12 year old very happy indeed.  Lots of
> gaming fodder, for those so
> inclined.)
>
>   John Crimmins

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!
Trailer at apple.com!!!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Service is restored Next: [FT] Battletech flight bases?