Prev: [ADMIN] Testing Next: Re: Just testing...

[SGII] An observation upon Star Wars, Episode III

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:26:42 +0000
Subject: [SGII] An observation upon Star Wars, Episode III

Having seen the last Star Wars movie last night, there was one scene in
particular that struck me.

I'll be vague with my spoilers here.  Just after a certain order was
given,
we saw a female Jedi, riding a speeder bike through an alien landscape.

Now, the minute I saw said landscape, I started laughing.  Much to my
wife's
mystification.

It looked exactly, EXACTLY, like any number of SF miniatures games that
I've
played.  The plantlife that the bikes were speeding through looked like
precisely like the sort of cheap aquarium plants that are so common on
gaming tables, oversized flowers and all.  It looked a little prettier
than
the sort of thing that most of us can manage, but still.  I felt oddly
validated by that scene.

(Movie in general, not bad.  Lots of lightsabers and explotions, which
made
my inner 12 year old very happy indeed.  Lots of gaming fodder, for
those so
inclined.)

  John Crimmins

Prev: [ADMIN] Testing Next: Re: Just testing...