Prev: Re: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus newSpring Special Deals!!!! Next: [FT] FT Source rules for VBAM + Japanese Fleet Update

Re: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus new Spring Special Deals!!!!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:33:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus new Spring Special Deals!!!!

Jeez, I dunno.... give 'em free pdfs to be nice, and what do we get?
Questions, questions, questions....  <GRIN>

>Then allow us to pin you down a bit.
>
>a) IS there a new version, as such? Several versions in the running?
Vague
>directions (this would shock me as I've seen tantalizing clues in leaks
>from the playtest group)?

Currently lots of stuff/ideas for the new bits and solutions to the
perceived problems, being steadily distilled into a proper new
version.

>b) If a, then is it meeting your expectations?

The published version of FT3 will meet my expectations. Simply
because if it doesn't, it won't get published till it does. ;-)

>c) Will there be an expanded playtest 'beta' group?

More than likely. Watch this space, but if you hold your breath you
may turn blue.

>d) Estimations on when 'it will be ready'?

Not answering this one at all. Whatever date I pick, we'll miss it.
Such is the nature of things. It'll be out when we've had the time to
produce a product that we're as near 100% happy with as possible.
All I will say is that FT3 is obviously now the highest priority
rules project; the release of the FT2 pdfs is a stopgap to keep the
game available in the interim - we could have charged for the pdfs
now that the hardcopies are virtually out of stock, but we decided to
be nice to people and do them for free. Hopefully at least some of
the people who download them will also buy some stuff....

>bonus question) May we take your releasing of the PDF's as an
indication of
>a clearing, or near clearing, of stock of the printed version? ;->=

See above, and the original news posting!  ;-)

Specifically, we currently have less than a dozen copies of FB1 left,
and about 50 FT rulebooks.....
Hence the pdfs. But if you prefer a proper printed book, it's
strictly first come, first served - if you want a(nother) copy of
FB1, I'd go visit the store NOW if I were you!	;-)

>Question on the downloads: are the PDF's supposed to be locked to
copying?
>Unfamiliar as I am with Adobe Reader, I was surprised to find I could
copy
>text from all three, but was blocked as to copying images from FB1. Of
>course, my intention was to copy SSD's for printing separately, but I'd
>understand if you tried to lock that out. If so, it only seems to have
>taken on the one book. If it wasn't, I'll be damned if I can figure out
how
>I've bo******'d it up.

Hopefully Paul, Roger or someone else who's job it is to work with
these funny compooter things will step in and answer this one... the
pdfs are as supplied to me by the original typesetters, and uploaded
by Paul. It's all geek to me.....

>>  "In six weeks."
>>    That's what IT always used to tell me...
>
>The exact amount would prolly depend on how far in the future you can
set
>automatic reminders on your local 'productivity' system. I'm assuming
it
>was always verbal, and never written in electrons.
>
>Oh, yeah, one last question. No, really. Where's BDS?

I think we've pretty much accepted that BDS will not happen until
after the release of SG3. Which will happen (probably) sometime after
DS3 and FMA. Which will happen after FT3.
OK?  ;-)

Jon (GZG)