Prev: Re: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus new Spring Special Deals!!!! Next: RE: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus newSpring Special Deals!!!!

RE: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus newSpring Special Deals!!!!

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:15:29 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus newSpring Special Deals!!!!

>a) IS there a new version, as such? Several versions in the running?
Vague
directions (this would shock me as I've seen tantalizing clues in leaks
from the playtest group)?

 As you might expect, there are "Proposed solutions to known problems"
and
"New things".
 Some of the "solutions" are still subject to argument, some are
generally
agreed to.
 Some of the New Stuff is pretty straightforward (eg Long Range
PTorps--I
don't recall if that's actually on the list but it's easy to calculate
what
the cost should be). Some still needs experimenting. Some of it (the
weapons and SSDs for the Islamic Fed, UN, ORC, New Israeli) is already
out
there.

>c) Will there be an expanded playtest 'beta' group?

  It would really help if y'all can try out the new UN/IF/OU/NI ships
and
weapons, and give your feedback for at least two or three battles.
  Read the notes first--we already know that grasers and EMP beams
*feel*
overpowered (if you're the target) AND underpowered (if you're the one
shooting them).
  Detailed feedback--not just "Carol and I had a ESU vs ORC battle and
the
ORCs totally rock".
  I say "two or three battles" because you're likely not to have a good
grasp of how to use (or counter) the new stuff on the first go round.
When
FB2 came out, people played their first game and screamed about the
"unbeatable KraVak".  Then they played the second or third game and
muttered "aha, I see how to cope."

  Then take the weapons and try them on home-grown ships, and see if
they
break things.

>bonus question) May we take your releasing of the PDF's as an
indication of
a clearing, or near clearing, of stock of the printed version? ;->=

Given that he said "we're almost out, if you want hard copy you should
get
them now"....yeah, I'd say that's an indication. :-)

http://mail2web.com/ .