Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:33:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

>limiting the number of fighters attacking a ship has [been]
shown to _not_ make the game better.

I'm going to modify that a bit.  The usual proposal is "no more than six
squadrons attacking in a single wave", and Allan is quite correct -- it
sounds like a good idea at first blush, but then you playtest it or do
the
math and you see that it doesn't work.

However, there are other possibilies.  "No more than three squadrons",
rather than "six", perhaps.

Or one I proposed but which was never tested, "pay an additional CEF for
each additional squadron in the wave", so a 3 squadron wave pays 3 CEF,
not
1.

Or PDS fire causes fighters to break off without an effective attack:
1PDS: 1 on d6
2PDS: 1-2
4PDS: 1-3
8PDS: 1-4
16+PDS: 1-5

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada