Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:45:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:55:00 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@cse.Buffalo.EDU>

> The strikeboat concept is a fun one to play with sometime, but it's
> not truly viable in a "real world" way.  Of course, you guys know
> that.  :-)

If you are talking "real world" why are you discussing "human" crews?
Why not an AI crew?

(I know, this will get into the "but humans are unpredictable, AIs are
not" discussion, like it usually does. I still believe that in 200 years
we should be able to write AI capable of maneuvering a strikeboat on a
suicide run.)

Notice I don't even begin to talk about Kra'vak crew on one of their
berserking benders...

--

Allan Goodall		http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@cmaaccess.com	  agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada