Prev: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq Next: RE: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:28:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Grant A. Ladue wrote:
>>>One can PSB anything. :->
>>
>>As long as one wants to tie oneself into a particular background,
certainly...

>     Now now, the basic premise of not limiting the number of fighters
that can
>   attack based on range is itself tied to particular backgrounds.
Star Wars,
>   Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Babylon 5, heck *most* televised sf
have
>   fighters that need to get right up close and personal to attack
ships.	Not
>   limiting the numbers of fighters that can attack in these
backgrounds would
>   seem to require a handwaving psb it would seem to me.
>     Bottom line, if limiting the number of fighters that can attack
each size
>   of ship (perhaps based on mass) makes for a better game, then the
rule is
>   far more important than the "reason" for it.  I know that some
people don't
>   buy the PSB behind rolling for the number of missiles that attack
from a
>   SM attack.	Thing is, it makes for a good game, so they let it go.
Now if
>   you want to argue that limiting the number of fighters that can
attack
>   doesn't make for a good game, I'll listen.	Still I'd rather that
the reason
>   it was rejected was that it doesn't work, not that we can't find a
reason
>   for it.

With all these suggestions about putting limitations on fighters, I've
got a random question for the general populace: how many people do or do
not use the CEF rule with fighters? I can see where if one opted to not
keep track of this fighters are essentially an infinite-use weapon
(hence
why it was adopted). Maybe limitations or other caps can or should be
put
on CEFs?

All the wondering (having not played with fighters in over a year now),
Mk

Prev: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq Next: RE: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada