Prev: Re: The Fighter Problem Next: Re: [OT] Digital Camera

Re: The Fighter Problem

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:08:00 -0500
Subject: Re: The Fighter Problem

I've been out of town for the weekend, came back to massive number of
e-mails, and have only skimmed this.

Has the idea of dividing massed fighter v ship battles into a fixed
number
of fighters per attack, and PDS shooting once per 'attack', as opposed
once per turn been mentioned again? I had suggested the PBS of there's
no
problem with room enough for an unlimited number of fighters attacking,
but
that there was a limiting factor in coordinating the fighters to attack
at
the same time to overwhelm PDS. Unlimited squadrons attack per turn,
finite
overwhelming of PDS.

I never thought this was THE solution, but a bit of a balance against
droves of fighters. Of course, it does conflict the part of the rules
that
state once per turn, fighters or SML's...

The_Beast

PS Twins are great, wearing daughter to a nub.

Prev: Re: The Fighter Problem Next: Re: [OT] Digital Camera