Prev: Re: The Fighter Problem Next: Re: new GZG 15s??

Re: [OT] Digital Camera

From: Kevin Balentine <kevinbalentine@c...>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:47:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Camera

The Fujifilm FinePix cameras are quite nice and not too expensive. I
don't know what you mean by an arm and a leg, but we picked up an E550
for my wife to use for her graduate school art projects. It's 6.3
megapixels, good enough for her to shoot slides of her artwork. It has a

macro mode and can be set to varying shutter speeds so you don't have to

use the flash as long as you have a tripod.

We got our E550 for about $320, ordered online from Circuit City and
picked it up at our local store. One step down, the E510 has 5.2
megapixels and costs about $100 less. I purchased a mini tripod at
Target for $10 that sits nicely on the tabletop and allows some good
pictures.

Check my website at:
http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Internaut/galleries.aspx
for pictures taken with the E550. Any crappiness in the photos is due to

my lack of painting skills, not the camera :-)

Kevin

damosan@comcast.net wrote:
> I'll be running a few demo games over the course of the next few
months and one of the stipulations is that I take photos of the games.

> No biggy...so I need a digital camera which is better than the PoS
that I presently have which is fine and dandy for "regular" pics but
really stinks on close ups.

> So my question to your listers with digitals: I need a DC which is
capable of taking close ups but doesn't cost and arm and a leg.
Suggestions?