Prev: RE: new GZG 15s?? Next: [OT] Digital Camera

Re: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:26:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters was -RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Grant A. Ladue wrote:
>>The basic system needs revision as it seems very odd that a PDS system
that can knock down up to 6 high-velocity missiles, can only take out
1-2 fighters.  The quick solution is to allow PDS to kill 1-6 fighters.
Fighters will then have to resort to torpedoes or missiles and fire from
stand-off range or become "kamikaze-like" and close into PDS range to
inflict damage.  Also allow PDS a range of 6" and not limit it to
targets attacking the ship, but any valid target within 6".  This will
allow ships to support each other, at the expense of being vulnerable to
area weapons/missiles.

>     I'm not sure I understand the missile to fighter comparison.  PDS
attack
>   fighters and missiles identically.

I think the way it's stated is wrong, but the statement is SORT OF true.
 It averages out where for every 6 missiles you launch 3.5 hit the
nearest enemy ship.  So you need HALF the normal number of PDS's to
elimnate them.

Whereas every fighter in a group gets through.

I _think_ that's what Binhan was thinking... maybe.

--Tim

Prev: RE: new GZG 15s?? Next: [OT] Digital Camera