Prev: FT Fighters (was: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada) Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:04:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Massed Fighter issue.....

--- "Hudak, Michael" <mihudak@state.pa.us> wrote:

> 1)  If you don't want another weapon system, base it off of shields.
> The defender 'overloads' his shields for an area burst attack,
> however his shields are destroyed for the rest of the encounter (or
> perhaps reduces a level 2 shield to a level 1 shield).  This
> restricts this kind of tactic to larger ships that normally equip a
> shield.

I don't think I like this idea...

> 2)  The EMP burst affects everything, not just fighters.  Possibly
> requiring a straight threshold check for all systems if caught within
> the EMP blast.  The EMP causing ship, being in the 'eye', is safe
> from such thresholds.  (Or maybe not, it being a last ditch
> effort....)  This gives an interesting 'near ram' attack.  Also could
> cause problems to friendly ships if everyone gets too close
> together......

This is a little more like it... I'd say give it a a shot at something
more like this....

EMP Burst - 5% Mass, 3"(vector, possibly 6" for cinematic) Range
Disables 1D6 fighters per group. Each group has to test separately for
EMP burst. Unaffected fighters may spend 1 CEF to regroup with
unaffected fighters from other groups in order to press their attack.
Against ships in range, the EMP burst causes a threshold roll against
surface systems (weapons, sensors, engines) similar to needle beams.
To use the EMP system, a ship must either shutdown all systems the turn
before, or take a threshold against all systems.

Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: FT Fighters (was: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada) Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada