Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: FT Fighters (was: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada)

Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Laserlight wrote:

> An alternative to this version of waves is to say that fighters carry
> a single effective anti-ship attack.	Once you've dropped your one
> bomb/torpedo, you can use anti-fighter weapons (including against
> ships) until your fuel is gone, but you won't be terribly effective in
> the anti-ship role until you go back and re-arm.

This gets to my two favourite FT fighter-fix ideas:

1. Treat fighter main armament as PDS instead of a half-range B1. You do
*1* point on a 6 vs ships then. (PDS don't get re-rolls vs ships, do
they? They shouldn't...)

2. Discard the 'standard fighter' entirely. Allow interceptors, torp
fighters, and that's about it. (This is pretty much the same as
Laserlight's proposal above, taken a short step further.)

Of course, junking the things entirely might be considered... ;)
Jutland
is far more interesting to wargame than Midway, IMNSHO...

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: FT Fighters (was: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada)