Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters.... Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:15:52 -0500
Subject: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

> > Who cares?
> Pretty much everybody in my gaming group and multiple people on this
list.

Sarcasm my good sir. It was whimsical sarcasm.

> > Never mistake a points system for a campaign system as a method to
> > balance out a game.
> IMO, an effort should be made for a points system to be able to
balance
> campaigns as well as one-off build-n-bring games.

Impossible, can't think of one that worked that didn't have an inbuilt
set
of implicit or explicit campaign, doctrine, 'technological limits' rules
go with it.

And FT neatly has those in the published designs.

Personally, I like the idea of the Anti-Fighter EMP Buglight - I'm not
sure
how I'd work the idea since ADFC/PDS DD's have always worked pretty well
for
me.

If fighters are that much of a problem - don't play with them.

;-)

David Rodemaker

Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters.... Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada