Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters.... Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:19:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

damosan@comcast.net wrote:
>>Right, but the fighters STILL can't be attacked or destroyed by ANY of
>>those "weenie madness" ships.  The fighters will still slaughter those
>>weenie ships unless you imposed some currently non-existant rules
about
>>fighter groups being degraded by the loss of thier carrier.
>>

> The need for such a non-existant rule escapes me.  What happened to
scenario design?  Is it dead?  Taking a powder?

"Scenario Design" in my playgroup is driven by the campaign system we
have in place.	My group is bored with the fighter-centric strategies
that the current fighter rules and points system seems to promote.
While we agreee on that point, we cannot agree on house-rules to
eliminate it.  Before anyone says something along the lines of "So you
understand the difficulty the playtester's have in 'fixing' fighters!",
they'd be right.  But that's why I PAY for rules instead of writing my
own.  Others have done the work that I don't have the
time/resources/creativity to tackle.

> My fear is that the rules writer and test list will spend eons
searching for the Holy Grail when such a thing never existed in the
first place.

If they aren't willing to tilt at that windmill, then sales of
rulesbooks are going to slip away to other games designers who are
willing to, as the thread on TMP has vaguely indicated.  Which, as
beloved as FT and GZG's other rules are, may suit GZG just fine in the
long run, since it's been mentioned earlier it's the minis that pay the
bills.

> Next thing you're going to tell me is that once the fighters are taken
care of they'll come up with something that will help level the field
for the gaming population who either rolls all 1's or 6's.

Don't go all ridiculous on me just to make my comments or concerns seem
silly.

Also, they already have the plagued/blessed die roller's problems
addressed.  They're called loaded dice, something our group has yet to
NEED to make a ruling on...   *grin*

> You know how you are.

Some nights, it's me... *grimace*

--Tim

Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters.... Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada