Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:52:44 +0200
Subject: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Tom McCarthy wrote:

>There have been suggestions that limit the number of fighters that can
>attack a ship in a turn.  Number crunching suggest they ameliorate the
>problem (even greatly), but some people don't feel they solve it.

Show me the number crunching that suggest they ameliorate the problem
"greatly", or even at all. The only number crunching of this concept
I've
seen very strongly suggested that limiting the number of fighters
attacking
a particular ship in a single turn has virtually *no* effect if the
target
ship is a FB-style (ie., limited-PDS) BB or smaller...

While it did make it relatively easy to build superdreadnoughts and
larger
that were effectively invulnerable to fighter attack, the big capitals
don't really need to be made even stronger than they already are :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada