Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Massed Fighter issue.....

RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:06:50 +0200
Subject: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Tom McCarthy wrote:

[snip summary of the fighter balance problem]

>Oerjan's take would likely be more detailed and accurate.

Between the two of you you and Roger got all the important features of
the
fighter balance, so I won't have to :-)

>But Jon definitely feels some settings demand fighters that are immune
>anti-ship weapons, and leans towards making fighters harder to use.
And
>making them harder to use without making the game hard to learn is a
challenge.

"A challenge" is an understatement IMO. Frankly, I don't think it is
even
possible to achieve a fighter balance if fighters are immune to
anti-ship
weapons *and* fleets are able to spend anything from 0% to 100% of their

resources on carriers like they are in eg. the GZGverse... I believe
that
there's a very strong reason why just about every non-FT space combat
game
which both features fighters and allows players to custom-design their
ships, also allows anti-ship weapons to fire at fighters :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Massed Fighter issue.....