Prev: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Ye ol' playtest list (was: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada)

Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:27:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

> To shift the balance back to allow balanced fleets to battle
fighter-heavy fleets, you need to make fighters harder to use or
targetable by all weapons (albeit at reduced capability).

> But Jon definitely feels some settings demand fighters that are immune
to anti-ship weapons, and leans towards making fighters harder to use.
And making them harder to use without making the game hard to learn is a
challenge.

   Hmm, sounds like this one of those cases where a "setting specific"
rule is
 going to be needed.  Of the settings that I can think of where fighters
are
 anti-ship immune, the fighters themselves are the main anti-fighter
weapons.
 As such, you'd be crazy to *not* take pds and fighters to counter the
other
 guy's fighters in those settings.  Why not make the "fighters are
targetable"
 rule be the default in the GZG setting, but explain how the system
would work
 in other "non-targetable" settings?  I know it's not ideal to have a
system
 that doesn't work for all settings, but this may just be a case where
there
 isn't a system that will work for all settings.

   grant

Prev: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Ye ol' playtest list (was: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada)