Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

From: "Phillip Atcliffe" <atcliffe@p...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:10:49 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!Me say:
  >> One [name for a new ESU ship], courtesy of my Russophile son, is
the "Strelets" class. It's a 17th-century Russian term for a rifleman or
militiaman, so it might be a good name for one of the smaller classes,
particularly if the ESU thinks of them as attrition units. <<
Jon say:
> OK, ta for that one - would fit nicely for either the FF or DD, I
reckon. Individual ships could then be named for Russian or Chinese
grunts, real or fictional... <

<sings in horrible faux Russo-Chinese accent>
"To the ever-rasting grory of the infantly,
Shines the name, shines the name of Roh Dger Yung..."

<ducks and runs>

Phil
----
A thought to ponder: Could Batman join the Narn Bat Squad,
  or would he set up the Bat-Narn Squad?
If you think you know, do NOT e-mail atcliffe@perdicas.fsnet.co.uk
That address is for other, less deeply philosophical communications. <g>

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!