Prev: Re: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types Next: Re: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types

Bases

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:01:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Bases

I'm with Jim.

My experience with hex bases is they are more tip-prone. <shrug>

I have found geo-hexes old circular bases to be excellent, once you
realize the cast
centre post sucked and replaced it with brass tubing. They easily give
themselves to the
use of a circular cutout-centre turn gauge and arc determiner, unlike
the hexagonal bases.
I do agree that such a base requires 12 ticks.

I would like to see larger and smaller circular bases and one about the
same size as the
geohex base, all engineered to fit a cast post or to easily allow the
retrofit of brass rod.

Hmmmm. I know someone with a spin caster. These aren't that hard to bash
up as production
prototypes and could then go into the spin cast puck. Something to
investigate. Does
anyone else find they prefer round to hexagonal? Would anyone else be
interested in
getting 2 or 3 sizes of round bases, with the idea being a small one for
fighters and FFs,
a medium size one for cruisers and BCs, and a larger one for the larger
ships, crafted
with the idea of using brass rod or a cast rod?

I'll have to talk to my spin-caster-master and see what he says, but
this is a possible
option we could look into...

Tomb

Prev: Re: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types Next: Re: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types