Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: RE: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:59:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

Jon,

If you like, you can send me images and I'll put the pics onto my web
server, announced here of course. :)

--On Sunday, April 17, 2005 9:26 AM +0100 Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzg.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, the master moulds are made for the first batch of new ESU ships,
> and all of them have come out OK - so I can now confirm what is
available
> (or will be in a day or two once the production moulds are made and we
> start to spin some out....)
>
> We have....
>
> FT 232    New Scoutship (pack of 3)				1.50 GBP
> FT 233    New Corvette (pack of 3)				2.00 GBP
> FT 234    New Frigate (pack of 2)	2.00 GBP
> FT 235    New Destroyer (pack of 2)				2.50 GBP
> FT 236    New Light Cruiser					2.00 GBP
> FT 238    New Heavy Cruiser					3.00 GBP
> FT 242    New Superdreadnought (includes NEW stand - see below)
12.00 GBP
> FT 244    New Heavy Carrier  (includes NEW stand - see below)
12.00 GBP

> More classes to follow once Salute is out of the way!
>
> Now, as you'll have noticed, none of these have names yet - so I'm
asking
> for suggestions from you guys on the list.... obviously they need to
be
> in keeping with the original ESU class names, a mix of Russian and
> Chinese - so, any good ideas?
>
> Oh yes, PICTURES..... all being well I'll be taking some later today,
and
> will obviously be emailing them over to Paul for putting up on the GZG
> site ASAP, but as that may take a while to get done if there is anyone
> else who'd be happy to put them up on another suitable site straight
away
> for the listers to see (Dean...?) then please let me know.
>
> One thing you will notice as soon as you get to see the pics is the
STAND
> under the big ship classes (SDN and CVH) - at last, I've got round to
> doing an ALL- METAL LARGE HEX BASE for bigger ship classes - it's
approx.
> 50mm diameter (42mm across flats), has a very solid cast metal
mounting
> post (non-tapered, so it can easily be replaced with brass rod if you
> prefer) and the base is marked with the 6 fire arcs plus additional
> tic-marcs at all the "clock-face" points. The new ESU ships, though
BIG,
> are very stable on these new stands - and they should work well for
the
> other big ships in the FT range too. They will be INCLUDED in the
price
> of the new ESU large classes as noted above, but will also be
available
> separately to use for any other large models:
>
> FT 003      Large hex stand (metal) - single		1.50 GBP
> FT003A    Large hex stand (metal) - pack of 4 5.00 GBP
>
> These will be available in a few days, along with the new ships, and
> we'll have stocks of them at Salute!
>
> Best,
>
> Jon (GZG)

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu

Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: RE: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units