Prev: Re: A remark on Naval Architecture Next: Re: A remark on Naval Architecture

Re: A remark on Naval Architecture

From: Stephen Bond <daibaka2000@y...>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:50:33 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: A remark on Naval Architecture

Sorry for my ignorance, but where does the "BORON" bit come into it? I
take it its an acronym of some kind?

Steve B.

Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:
Most ships follow the 30:30:30:10 rule

30% Propulsion
30% Hull, Armour etc
30% Weaponry, FC etc

10% added to one of the three above (or split it).

You can shave 10% off one of the 3 categories in some ships, and add 10%

to both of the others.

NSL - 20% P, 40% H, 40% F
FSE - 40% P, 30% H, 30% F
OU - 30% P, 40% H, 30% F

Yes, there's exceptions. Not every NSL ship has Thrust-2, nor every FSE
ship has Thrust-6. But it's a reasonable rule of thumb for a design
philosophy.

--
Alan & Carmel Brain
http://aebrain.blogspot.com

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: A remark on Naval Architecture Next: Re: A remark on Naval Architecture