Prev: Re: New ships! Next: Re: New ships!

Re: New ships!

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:22:45 +0200
Subject: Re: New ships!

>Our major new model launch for Salute is a whole load of NEW ships
>for the ESU [...]

Bother, you beat me to it <g> My Manchuria-style SDN is still only
half-finished, so unless you want *three* ESU SDNs eventually I guess
I'll
drop that project. Or convert it into something else, at least <g>

>Nic's never been happy with the quality of the FF mini (yes, it WAS a
>"quickie" conversion of a cut-down DD), but no-one who has bought any
from
>us has ever complained about them to my knowledge.... personally I
think
>they're fine. The odd thing is that his reason for not sending us the
CVL
>was that he was thought that was a bit rough too, though he still
produces
>it....  :-/

Having seen Alan's photos of the CVL, I can sort of understand what Nic
is
thinking of: while there's nothing wrong with the *layout* of the CVL,
some
of the *surface details* (the engine exhausts in particular) are rather
cruder than on the smaller OU ships.

But what about the FT921 OU Heavy Fighters? *Are* you going to get them
from Nic, or will I have to copy them too like I did with the CVL...?
They'd make perfect "not-Pilums" to oppose my FT422 Kra'Vak
"not-Avengers"...

>Maybe we'll just have to do a new CVL based on Oerjan's BC/BB parts.

Don't you dare! You'll make the new OU CVL from the *CVL* parts still
sitting half-detailed on my workbench along with the all-new heavy fleet

auxiliary, and nothing else! <G> (Hopefully I'll be able to free up more

time for sculpting now that I've gotten the domestic construction tasks
out
of the way and the old apartment is safely sold off...)

FWIW the new OU CVL has the same configuration (single outrigger) and
dimensions as the Eureka one but (somewhat) different surface detail;
the
BC and BB OTOH are trimarans. It would be possible to make a mirror
image
of the CVL's hangar pod to make a BB-sized trimaran carrier... but
that'd
take even more time, and it'd *still* be smaller than the CVLs of other
fleets, so I'm not really sure that it'd be worthwhile. It'd require
that
the OUDF is rich enough to afford warships that large (not to mention
capable of building them), too :-/

Later,

Oerjan

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: New ships! Next: Re: New ships!