Prev: [FT] Japanese Fleet Writeup Moved Next: Re: New ships! (was: Re: Fwd: RE: [GZGOLC] Comments Please)

New ships! (was: Re: Fwd: RE: [GZGOLC] Comments Please)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:59:44 +0100
Subject: New ships! (was: Re: Fwd: RE: [GZGOLC] Comments Please)

>  > by the way i suppose the projected FT3 will include
>>  UNSC and NI . What other fleets may be include ... IF
>>  ? ORC ?  IJN ? all ?
>
>Are we talking about FTIII or FB3?
>
>>  Probably all of those, maybe a ship or two of other powers (Cal Tex,
>>  Scan Fed)
>
>Hmmm... Aren't the books to support the figs? Jon, are there new fleets
on
>the way? ;->=

Yes, there are!  ;-)

I was going to save this for a few days and post the news closer to
Salute (Olympia, Kensington, on the 23rd April), but seeing as the
question has been raised....

Our major new model launch for Salute is a whole load of NEW ships
for the ESU - all-new designs, while still keeping enough styling
cues from the old ships that you will be able to mix and match.
FH-wise, they will be designs that were beginning to come into
production just before the Xeno War to replace the older ships -
during and after XW1 their production will be accelerated to replace
the huge losses of the war. Thus you can have some of the new designs
in a pre-XW1 (SW3) fleet as new ships "just off the slips", and also
quite happily use your older ships alongside the new ones in post-XW1
forces as venerable survivors of the war years!

I'm very pleased with how they're looking so far, and hope all of you
will be too. They have certain similarities to the 209/210/211
"family" in some ways, but in others are very different; now that
they've come together there is a SLIGHTLY "Klingon-y (tm)" feel about
them  (in terms of the Klingon Battlecruiser that ERTL made a kit of
- was that in a movie or Next Gen, I can't recall? -  rather than the
classic D7 or the Bird of Prey). I think you'll see what I mean when
I get some photos done.

Masters are already built for all--new SDN, CVH, CH (or possibly BC),
CL, DD, FF, CT and Scout! More news over the next few days as the
moulds are made.....

More soon....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

>>  Was using classic and next gen UFP Star Trek ships for my Cal Tex,
>>  logic being that the Trek-verse is populated by cowboys and hippies
>>  so it sorta tracked......) That and I had the ship minis anyways...)
>
>I love it!
>
>I'm hip deep in micro machines, disc-shaped IR's, and old SFB stuff.
Music