Prev: Re: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:59:29 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

On Apr 11, 2005 6:54 PM, laserlight@quixnet.net <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:
> >The Cheese rating of Roman infantry is such that if I ever make it to
> the US for an ECC, I'm planning on bringing a recon section.
>
> Feel free to bring it to Carnage con Queso, I want to see if anything
can
> be cheesier than Doug's supersized zombies with sniper rifle, chain
sword,
> flamer, rockets, and heaven knows what else.	Although I'd have to
mention
> that he fired three anti-tank rockets at Darth Baa and they all
bounced off
> my armor with no effect....

Varangian Rifle Squads: SL, TL, 2xAR, 2xSAW, 2xAA

That's 6 guys in heavy fast power armor with FP3 Imp d12 rifles, 2
with gauss SAWs, plus close combat weapons (axes) and causing terror.
Oh, and two of the riflemen (or more, METT-T) are armed with IAVRs.
Elite 1s, of course.  If I were really trying to be silly, I could add
the platoon designated marksman.  It's actually illegal since there is
a six-man limit on PA squads.  In fact, no Roman PA squad is legal.  I
hate six-man squads.   Cheese rating 36, plus GM bonus for being
illegal as hell.

Now I could take Thematic Light Infantry which is only Cheese rating 12.

A Tagmatic Scout Squad has 2 grav bike riders and a grav jeep with a
driver, a squad leader, an EW figure, and a SAW.  A mere 9 points if
veteran 2, plus the cheese cost of the vehicles and the EW package.

A light infantry scout squad?  5 men, including a SAW and an EW
package.   Another 9 points even if veteran 2.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units