Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:03:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

>In SGII with the rules as written (plus the tweaks you gave) the
fireteam
doesn't really have enough firepower.  Quality dice, d6 or d8, and a
SAW die.

That's my main worry about fireteam level and the reason it needs to be
tested instead of just theorized about.  I don't actually feel a need
for
fire combat to cause a lot of casualties; what I want is for it to cause
morale failures.

>compare to a regular squad <snip> d12 plus 3 x d8

OTOH an IF squad can put out a lot of dice: QD, d12FP rifles, SAW, AGL,
and
up to five IAVR--or, more realistically, other support weapons if
they've
had a chance to scrounge a spare SAW or two.  I think that's too much,
though--if you get a good hit, then you tend to mow down the entire
enemy
squad.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units