Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet

Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:12:02 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

On Apr 10, 2005 2:59 PM, Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> But this is not "Platoon Leader Sim"...if it were, your PL would give
> orders and then wonder what's happening, wait for reports, deal with a
> company commander who thinks you're on a different map, and so forth.

Not really--PLs do very much up-front leadership.  And the company
team commander is not that far removed from the action either.	I just
spent 27 days at CMTC watching this in action.	I doubt my PL was much
more than 5-600 meters behind me at any time, and that ain't squat for
mechanized.

> I suspect you're thinking "we're going to end up with Squad 1 Team A
> on this edge of the map and Team B on the other side, when it wouldn't
> happen that way."  I concur this would be a problem, but I think it
> can be handled by use of the integrity rules and limits on how far
> away the SL can be while transferring actions.

Curiosity--has anyone played with team-sized units against squad-sized
units.	I have a sneaking suspicion the results might influence this
discussion heavily.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet