Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:47:28 +0200
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

On Apr 10, 2005 12:47 AM, Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> >Personally, I would be loath to include any vehicles other than
> >perhaps jeeps or simillar.
>
> So very few scenarios set in Baghdad 2005, then...

True, that.  Unfortunately the problem with scenarios set in Baghdad
2005 is that the disparity in force quality and equipment makes for
difficult scenario design.

A stated goal is to not have armored vehicle 'overwhelm' the game.
Fine--but a realistic portrayal of modern armor vehicles is pretty
overwhelming.  So it's a choice of evils.  Jon decided to downgrade
armored vehicles to keep it a light infantry game.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units